Welcome to the Idaho Association of Assessment Personnel!!!
Celebrating 29 Years of Excellence 1989 - 2018
CANYON COUNTY, IDAHO
Canyon County is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country. It is also one of the best communities for those outdoor enthusiasts. With our growth, comes an abundance opportunities with a municipal career in ad-valorem appraisal.
The principle function of this position is the appraisal and reappraisal, for ad valorem purposes, of various and sometimes complex commercial and industrial properties including: bare land, retail, office,
industrial, mixed and special use properties, among others. This job requires extensive interaction with county constituents, public officials, and other real estate professionals. Duties are performed in a
general office environment and in the field, including occasional exposure in adverse weather conditions.
Desired Qualification and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
· Five (5) years of progressive appraisal experience is required
· At least three (3) years of commercial and industrial appraising experience is desired
· Leadership or supervisory experience
· Idaho Certified Tax Appraiser or must be able to obtain certification within one (1) year from date of hire
· Valid driver’s license and insurable
· Experience using appraisal software
· Strong data collection and experience analyzing complex properties
· Good understanding of commercial/industrial architecture and construction materials
· Some residential and farm appraisal experience desired
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with supervisors and the public
· Detail oriented and time sensitive to mandated deadlines
· Experience and comfort with testifying before judicial and hearing boards
Some of our benefits are:
· Annual Salary range is $36,800 to $57,000 depending on experience
· Excellent and comprehensive employer paid medical, dental, vision plans
· Employer paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
· Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI)
Copyright 2018 Idaho Association of Assessment Personnel.
All Rights Reserved.
Do you have a job opening at your office? This is the place to advertise. Email the job description to email@example.com (or use the contact form if no attachments are being used) with all the necessary information, and we will post it here.